House Plant Collective (“HPC” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.houseplantcollective.com/ (our “Website”) or when you interact with us at a retail storefront, popup, or any other place of business (collectively, our “Services”).
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In electronic messages between you and this Website;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy;
- Through your voluntary submission of information to HPC, such as our “Connect” feature on the Website;
- When you interact with us offline.
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be linked to or otherwise accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, home address or other personal information collected (”personal information”);
- Financial information, including credit card numbers or other financial information;
- That is about you individually but does not identify you, such as IP address or device number; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; or
- From third party service providers, such as data analytics companies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we may collect directly from you may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on or off of our Website. This includes personal information that you provide to us through the “Connect” link on our Website, or forms you may fill out at a retail storefront, pop up location or at events.
- Billing and payment information. When you place an order with us or request certain services, we will collect certain payment and identity verification information, including your name, email address, and credit card information. This may be through third party payment processing companies.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us.
- Any other information you affirmatively and voluntarily provide to us online or offline.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use certain automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Referring websites from which you visit our Website.
We currently do not use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking) and, therefore, our Website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, your website browser may allow you to set a DNT signal to opt out of behavioral tracking conducted by other websites. You can find additional information on DNT choice mechanisms at: optout.aboutads.info and www.youradchoices.com/control.aspx.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information that we use to improve our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit HPC, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- IP Addresses. An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Website, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our Website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Website.
Third-Party Use of Data Collection Technologies
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and the Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information (e.g., newsletters) on HPC, specials or new products and services;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To protect ourselves against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, and our policies and terms.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of HPC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by HPC about users of our Services is among the assets transferred.
- To sponsors or other partners who design, administer and implement promotions when you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HPC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for HPC Advertising / Promotional Offers. If you wish to restrict or limit the use of your personal information by HPC to promote our own products or services, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email or newsletter, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or exercise any opt-out choices made available to you through the promotional email or newsletter.
Collection and Use of Children’s Information
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under 16. Children should not share any personal information unless their parent or guardian provides verifiable consent, and there is no reason a minor would be submitting information to HPC. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your State-Specific Privacy Rights
Currently, HPC is not engaged in business activities that would subject us to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). In the event our business activities change in a way that would subject us to these laws we will revise this policy and our data privacy practices accordingly. However, if you have any questions or concerns about our information collection practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Separate from CCPA, California’s “Shine the Light” law gives California residents the right to ask companies what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you request such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may opt out of certain “sales” of their data by website operators. Currently, we do not sell any data as defined by Nevada law to trigger any opt out rights. Should that change, we shall revise the policy to inform you of a method to opt out of such sales. Meanwhile, please direct any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
GDPR does not apply to HPC, as it is a North American based organization and neither offers goods or services nor monitors the behavior of data subjects situated in the European Union. To the extent you have questions about the applicability of the GDPR to users of this Website, please direct those questions to email@example.com.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Services designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or any of our Services.